Camping trailers with built-in generators are a great option for campers who want to be able to enjoy the benefits of electricity even when they’re off the grid. These generators can provide power for everything from your lights and appliances to your air conditioner and TV.
Here are a few of the benefits of owning a camping trailer with a built-in generator:
- Convenience: You don’t have to worry about bringing and setting up a separate generator. The built-in generator is always there when you need it.
- Reliability: Built-in generators are designed to be reliable and easy to use. They typically start with the push of a button and can run for hours on a single tank of gas.
- Power: Built-in generators can provide a lot of power. This means you can run multiple appliances at the same time without worrying about overloading the generator.
Of course, there are also a few things to keep in mind when considering a camping trailer with a built-in generator:
- Cost: Camping trailers with built-in generators are typically more expensive than those without generators.
- Weight: Built-in generators can add some weight to your camping trailer. This is something to keep in mind if you’re planning on towing your trailer with a smaller vehicle.
- Noise: Built-in generators can be noisy, especially when they’re first starting up. If you’re camping in a quiet area, you may want to consider a generator with a noise reduction enclosure.
Tips from my own personal experience
Here are a few tips from my own personal experience in owning and using a camping trailer with a built-in generator:
- Make sure to get a generator that is the right size for your needs. Consider how many appliances you plan on running at the same time and choose a generator with enough wattage to handle them.
- Keep your generator well-maintained. Change the oil and spark plug regularly and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for maintenance.
- Be aware of your surroundings when operating your generator. Never operate a generator in a confined space, as this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Use your generator sparingly. If you’re not using electricity, turn off the generator. This will help to conserve fuel and reduce noise.
How much does a camping trailer with a built-in generator cost?
The cost of a camping trailer with a built-in generator will vary depending on the size and make of the trailer. However, you can expect to pay between $2,000 and $5,000 for a built-in generator.
What size generator do I need for my camping trailer?
The size generator you need will depend on how many appliances you plan on running at the same time. To determine the size generator you need, add up the wattage of all the appliances you plan on using. Then, choose a generator with a wattage rating that is at least 20% higher than the total wattage of your appliances.
How do I maintain my camping trailer’s built-in generator?
To maintain your camping trailer’s built-in generator, it’s important to change the oil and spark plug regularly. You should also follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for maintenance.
Camping trailers with built-in generators are a great option for campers who want to be able to enjoy the benefits of electricity even when they’re off the grid. If you’re considering buying a camping trailer, I encourage you to consider a model with a built-in generator. It’s a great way to add convenience, reliability, and power to your camping experience.