Planning a van travel itinerary can be daunting, especially if you’re a first-timer. But it doesn’t have to be! Here are a few tips from my wife and I, who have been traveling in our van for over two years:
- Start with your interests. What do you and your family enjoy doing? Hiking? Biking? Fishing? Camping? Once you know what you’re interested in, you can start to narrow down your destinations.
- Do your research. Once you have a general idea of where you want to go, start researching specific places to visit and things to do. You can use online resources like Google Maps, Yelp, and TripAdvisor to find reviews and recommendations.
- Be flexible. Things don’t always go according to plan when you’re traveling, so it’s important to be flexible with your itinerary. If the weather is bad or you find a place you really love, don’t be afraid to change your plans.
Personally Resonant Tips From the Author
Here are a few personally resonant tips from my wife and I:
- Don’t try to do too much. It’s better to focus on a few places you really want to see than to try to cram too much into your itinerary.
- Take your time. One of the best things about van travel is that you’re not on a tight schedule. Take your time to enjoy the journey and explore the places you visit.
- Be prepared for anything. Van life can be unpredictable, so it’s important to be prepared for anything. Make sure you have a plan for what to do if you break down or if the weather turns bad.
Researched FAQ for “How We Plan Our Van Travel Itinerary”
What are some of the best resources for planning a van travel itinerary?
Here are a few of the best resources for planning a van travel itinerary:
- Google Maps: Google Maps is a great tool for finding directions, estimating driving times, and researching places to visit.
- Yelp: Yelp is a great resource for finding reviews of restaurants, hotels, and other businesses.
- TripAdvisor: TripAdvisor is another great resource for finding reviews of hotels, attractions, and other travel-related businesses.
- The Vanlife Handbook: The Vanlife Handbook is a comprehensive guide to van travel, covering everything from choosing a van to planning your itinerary.
What are some tips for staying flexible with your van travel itinerary?
Here are a few tips for staying flexible with your van travel itinerary:
- Book your campsite reservations in advance, but don’t be afraid to change them if needed. Most campsites allow you to cancel your reservation without penalty up to 24 hours in advance.
- Don’t overbook yourself. It’s better to have a few days of free time in your itinerary than to try to cram too much into each day.
- Be prepared to change your plans if the weather is bad or if you find a place you really love. Van life is all about going with the flow and enjoying the journey.
Planning a van travel itinerary doesn’t have to be difficult. By following these tips, you can create an itinerary that’s tailored to your interests and that allows you to be flexible. So get out there and start exploring!
- Homeschooling and Advocating for Child-Centric Reforms - November 18, 2023
- The Dark Side Of Chocolate - November 18, 2023
- Nearly Half of The World’s Gold Comes From South Africa - November 3, 2023