Truck campers are a great way to experience the outdoors with the convenience of a home away from home. But if you’re planning on doing any extended camping, having a shower in your camper can be a real lifesaver.
What to look for in a truck camper with a shower
When choosing a truck camper with a shower, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Size: Truck campers come in a variety of sizes, so make sure to choose one that’s big enough for you and your family, but not so big that it’s difficult to maneuver.
- Weight: Truck campers can be heavy, so make sure your truck can handle the weight.
- Amenities: In addition to a shower, you’ll also want to consider what other amenities are important to you, such as a toilet, kitchen, and sleeping area.
- Price: Truck campers can range in price from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars. Set a budget before you start shopping so you don’t overspend.
Tips from Doug
I’ve been truck camping for over 10 years, and I’ve learned a lot about what to look for in a truck camper with a shower. Here are a few tips:
- Choose a shower with a good water pressure. You don’t want to be stuck with a weak shower after a long day of exploring.
- Make sure the shower has a good drain. You don’t want to be standing in a pool of water while you’re trying to shower.
- Consider a wet bath. Wet baths are a great way to save space in your truck camper. They combine the shower and toilet into a single unit.
- Invest in a good shower curtain. A good shower curtain will help to keep your truck camper dry.
What are the benefits of having a shower in your truck camper?
There are many benefits to having a shower in your truck camper, including:
- Convenience: Having a shower in your truck camper means you don’t have to rely on public showers or campground facilities.
- Cleanliness: It’s much easier to stay clean when you have a shower in your truck camper. You can shower after a long day of hiking, biking, or fishing.
- Privacy: Having a shower in your truck camper gives you privacy. You don’t have to worry about other people seeing you in the shower.
What are some of the challenges of having a shower in a truck camper?
There are a few challenges to having a shower in a truck camper, including:
- Space: Truck campers are typically small, so you’ll need to make sure you have enough space for a shower.
- Water: Truck campers have limited water tanks, so you’ll need to be mindful of how much water you use when showering.
- Drainage: Truck campers can have drainage problems, so it’s important to make sure your shower has a good drain.
Truck campers with showers are a great way to experience the outdoors with the convenience of a home away from home. If you’re planning on doing any extended camping, consider getting a truck camper with a shower. You won’t regret it!