One of the best ways to protect your RV is to store it indoors. Indoor storage can help to protect your RV from the elements, such as rain, snow, and sun. It can also help to protect your RV from pests and theft.
Here are a few tips for finding and using RV indoor storage:
- Find a reputable storage facility. Make sure to do your research and find a storage facility that is reputable and has good reviews. You can ask your friends, family, and fellow RVers for recommendations.
- Choose a storage unit that is the right size for your RV. When choosing a storage unit, be sure to measure your RV and choose a unit that is large enough to accommodate it.
- Prepare your RV for storage. Before storing your RV, be sure to clean it inside and out. You should also winterize your RV if you live in a cold climate.
- Check on your RV regularly. Even if you’re storing your RV indoors, it’s important to check on it regularly. This will help you to identify any problems early on.
Here are a few tips from me:
- Ask about the facility’s security measures. Make sure to ask about the facility’s security measures, such as fencing, gates, and cameras. You should also ask if the facility has insurance.
- Find a storage facility that is close to your home or workplace. This will make it easier for you to check on your RV and get to it when you’re ready to go camping.
- Consider using a climate-controlled storage unit. Climate-controlled storage units can help to protect your RV from extreme temperatures and humidity.
Optimizing RV Storage Space
While safeguarding your RV from external elements is crucial, managing its internal storage efficiently ensures a hassle-free travel experience. Organizing your belongings and ensuring they’re accessible can be a game-changer on the road.
Key Insight: I recommend the “Camco Adjustable Cutlery Tray – Designed for RV and Compact Kitchen Drawers” available on Amazon. This unique organizer maximizes drawer space and keeps utensils neatly separated.
Gearing Up for RV Maintenance
Consistent care for your RV isn’t just about its exterior; its machinery needs regular checks too. Routine maintenance can prevent major damages and save costs in the long run.
Key Insight: For those who like hands-on maintenance, “The RV Repair Book” by Bob Livingston, available on Amazon, is an essential guide. Covering a range of topics from plumbing to electrical systems, it’s a handy companion for every RVer.
Solar Solutions for Sustainable RVing
Embracing sustainable energy sources can make RVing more eco-friendly. Solar panels ensure you harness the sun’s power, reducing reliance on conventional energy and cutting down expenses.
Key Insight: “Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit” available on Amazon is a popular choice among RVers. It’s efficient, easy to install, and perfect for those keen on sustainable travel.
Stay Connected: RV Internet Solutions
While on the road, staying connected to the internet is crucial, be it for navigation, entertainment, or work. Reliable internet solutions can make the journey smoother.
Key Insight: One product that has served me well is the “NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot 4G LTE Router” available on Amazon. With fast speeds and wide coverage, it’s a boon for RV travelers.
Safety First: Fire Safety in RVs
Just as securing your RV is essential, so is ensuring it’s equipped to handle fire emergencies. Fire safety tools are indispensable for every RV trip.
Key Insight: A must-have is the “First Alert Fire Extinguisher | Recreation Vehicle and Marine Fire Extinguisher” from Amazon. Compact and efficient, it’s specially designed for RVs, ensuring you’re prepared for unexpected fire-related situations.
While RV indoor storage ensures external protection, these internal considerations ensure a well-rounded, safe, and enjoyable RV experience. The right tools and knowledge can elevate your RV journey, making it memorable and stress-free. Safe travels!
What are the benefits of RV indoor storage?
The benefits of RV indoor storage include:
- Protection from the elements
- Protection from pests and theft
- Reduced wear and tear on your RV
How much does RV indoor storage cost?
The cost of RV indoor storage varies depending on the size of your RV, the location of the storage facility, and the amenities offered by the facility.
What should I look for in an RV indoor storage facility?
When choosing an RV indoor storage facility, you should look for a facility that:
- Is reputable and has good reviews
- Is the right size for your RV
- Has good security measures
- Is close to your home or workplace
- Offers climate-controlled storage units (optional)
RV indoor storage is a great way to protect your RV and extend its lifespan. If you’re looking for a safe and secure place to store your RV, indoor storage is the best option.